What Next After Graduation?


Last week I promised you a post on what I'm doing now that I've graduated, and I deliver on my promises.

I have a law degree now and the route to becoming a lawyer in Scotland, and one of the routes across the rest of the UK, is to gain a Bachelor of Laws degree, study the diploma for a further year and then do a two year traineeship, at the end of which, you can finally call yourself a solicitor!

I decided halfway through my degree that I wouldn't study the diploma if I didn't have a traineeship in place at the end of my degree because it costs thousands of pounds and only lasts two years i.e if you don't have a traineeship after two years, you need to do it again.

Then we got to the end of last year, maybe early this year, when I fully decided that I wasn't going to apply for traineeships, I didn't want to go in to law.

So what now?



I made a video covering some of this back in February which you may have seen called 'Feeling Overwhelmed' and since then, things seem to have gone up and down like a yoyo!

I thought I had a temporary job in London for half of May and July - that fell through.
I've had interviews for graduate schemes and other jobs - none of them worked out.

Honestly, I thought I'd be in London right now.  Even if I didn't manage to get some sort of graduate scheme, I was going to move in with my brother in London and conduct my job hunt from there because it's where I want to be, plus it's the place to work in the UK.

My brother has now decided to quit his job and go travelling.

This isn't going well 😂



At this stage, even if I decide to apply for graduate schemes or traineeships, nothing would start until at least September 2019, so I would still have a year to fill.  I keep looking at job vacancies but all of the jobs I'd like to do need experience (we've all heard that before) and I could get some sort of customer service job but I've done that on and off for 7 years and I have this fear of getting trapped in a job I don't want to be doing!

So what I'm saying is, I don't really know what comes now, every time I think I know, something goes wrong.

On the positive side, I am going to take advantage of all of this free time I have to throw myself in to my blog and YouTube - I love making content so I can't really complain about being gifted the opportunity to concentrate on them a bit more.

But I would still like a job.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts