I'm a Graduate!


I am now officially the holder of a Bachelor of Laws degree with Honours.  In other words, I graduated university last week!

The day dawned sunny and warm, and I gave myself plenty of time to get ready so that I wasn't stressed (a rare occurrence I can tell you).  The ceremony was in the Caird Hall in Dundee which is a lovely building, although it didn't exactly go without a hitch.  

One of the University staff who were sat on stage fell asleep within about 10 minutes whilst the vice-chancellor was talking, and his snoring echoed around the entire hall!  I'm not going to lie, it was mildly hilarious.  

I walked across the stage, got bopped on the head with a rolled up beret (not the official name) and continued on to receive my certificate!

And that's me officially graduated and finished with university!

Not one of the best photos ever taken of me, but let's blame it on the zoom

After the ceremony we took some photos and went back to the hotel where everybody except me got changed before dinner - I bought a lovely dress and shoes, you bet I'm going to wear them for as long as possible!!

We had a table reserved at Zizzi but when we arrived there was an entire girls football team there who seemed to be around 8 years old so you can imagine the noise levels...so we left (always awkward) and went to Forgan's in St Andrews instead!  The entrance and interior of this place are lovely and the food was really good as well (for me at least, my family all had complaints about the main), but the service was sloooow - so be warned if you go.  Instead of dessert at the restaurant, we went to Janettas Gelateria, and got some ice cream.  They have so many flavours and it's very nice, if a little expensive, so I'd recommend popping in if you're in St Andrews.

And that was my day.  I'm a university graduate now.  Have I mentioned that?

I must say, although some of this post may seem a little excited, I felt nothing when I graduated, nothing when I got my results a few weeks before, and to be honest, I was mainly excited to dress up and get some photos!  You might not know but that's actually really quite weird for me, I'm a very excitable and emotional person so even I am confused as to how little I cared!  It could be down to my university experience as a whole which wasn't exactly what people usually describe, but I'll talk about that another time.  I also want to tell you about what's next for me now that I've graduated, but I think I'll leave that for next week!

If you're interested in my YouTube or more of the fashion/beauty side, I made a Get Ready With Me video!

For now, I'll leave you with a couple more photos because 'pics or it didn't happen', right?

Have you been to University? Thinking about it? Got on perfectly fine without it?
Let me know!


We forgot to do this classic graduation pose until after we'd taken the pins off of my hood so it's all skew-whiff which is really annoying because I'd had it perfect!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts