The Shadowhunter Chronicles #BookRecommendation


I can be quite an obsessive person by nature.  If I like something, I really like it, a lot, for a while.  My most recent obsession is Shadowhunters.  Or should I say, books about Shadowhunters, written by the fantastic Cassandra Clare.  Every time I see anything about future books on Twitter, I get a bubble of excitement building inside me, and I decided that I have to share.


So very briefly, without giving too much away, Shadowhunters are a race of people who live among us but have angel blood, and they are tasked with protecting us mere humans from demons and keeping the peace in a world of fairies, vampires, werewolves and warlocks which we can’t even see.  There are aspects of action and danger, romance and a coming of age element, all tied together with some humour.  There are currently three separate series, set in different times with a different group of characters, although there does manage to be a decent amount of crossover with old characters popping up which makes me veeery happy.  The first series is the Mortal Instruments which was made into a film and currently a Netflix series, but you could start with any of the series and it would all make sense.




The Dark Artifices is the current series, of which only two books have been released so far, and which is to blame for my current excitement since I’ve just finished Lord of Shadows (the newest release).  There is also The Infernal Devices, my favourite series with my favourite character, and two mini series of short stories.  There are still so many more stories to come so if you’re looking for a new series to get stuck in to, this is definitely one to keep you occupied for a while with more to look forward to!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts