February Favourites

Edit: I have absolutely no idea why the text gets so small, I've been battling with it for days and no matter what I do or how it looks when I'm editing, it just won't publish that way so I've decided just to post it as it is because I don't think anything's going to change. x

One thing I love watching on youtube is favourites videos, because it's products that are tried and tested and loved, so you have a much better idea of what you're buying or letting yourself in for! So here I am, writing a blog post in the hopes that it might give you some ideas and introduce you to something you love! 



First up, and probably my absolute favourite thing I've tried lately is this Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser.  I bought this at the start of the month with my £5 birthday bonus meaning it was only £1, but having tried it, I think it's totally worth the full price, it's worked incredibly well.  I use it at night before going to bed and if I have spots, they have massively reduced in size come morning and it leaves my skin feeling so fresh and clean.  It comes as a liquid in the bottle but comes out as a foam and the bottle is so much bigger than it appears online.  If you struggle with spots at all or even just get the odd blemish, I absolutely recommend that you try this!


Foaming Cleanser
Eyeshadow Swatch


 
















Next on to makeup.  I have to start off by confessing that I don't wear make up regularly, but that doesn't mean that I don't like it or that I can't do it, I just don't see the point if I'm not leaving the house, and even if I am, I'm happy to go barefaced.  However, I have been loving this pink eyeshadow by Ted Baker this month.  I doubt it's available anymore as it was a present years ago, but it's really just the pink eye look rather than this specific shadow.  I'm usually quite safe with my eye makeup, nothing too dark or too heavy, and the 'bravest' colour I wear regularly is just a gold.  But I got a dusky pink dress for my birthday and realised that I had this unused eyeshadow that would probably match really well, so I gave it a go and I LOVE it!  I always thought of bright pink eyeshadow as being something little girls would wear but this is so not childish or garish and it's definitely wearable, so if you haven't already, you should experiment with pink a little, and by the way, it's so on trend.  My next post is actually going to be on the look I do with this so keep your eyes peeled! 



Pinafores have been in fashion for well over a year now but I never jumped on this trend because I look pretty young for my age and I didn't necessarily want to accentuate that, but it's been growing on me as things often do so when I saw this denim pinafore in H&M, I figured I'd try it on and oh my, instant love.  I'm obsessed. I only actually wore it for the first time last week but I was loving it whilst it was hanging in my wardrobe, just waiting for the right time to wear it and now I don't think I'm ever going to take it off.  I just think it's so flattering and versatile, you can match it with almost anything and could incorporate it in to so many different looks, not to mention, it's pretty affordable!

TV!  There's a programme on Channel 4 called 'No Offence' which is a crime/police drama set in Manchester and I am utterly hooked.  It's on its second series and I binge watched the first series in a day with my family back in January, and now the second series has been on but every single episode is available on the Channel 4 website.  So having watched it all in the past two months, I'm now watching it all again with my flatmate who I've got in to it as well!  It's down to earth and funny and the language is eh...not exactly PG, but trust me, it only adds to the overall effect.  It's also good because it doesn't just focus on one big crime per episode or per series like a lot of crime programmes tend to do, there's smaller story lines interweaving as well.  I don't want to give anything away but I absolutely recommend everyone to watch it because it really is great.

Also I have to mention prawn shells or 'cheap skips' as I like to describe them.  If, somehow, you don't know what they are, they're prawn flavoured tapioca shells, although let's be honest, they taste nothing like prawn, but they're addictive, I could easily demolish a big bag in one sitting, so yeah, tasty snack.  Also slightly healthier than normal crisps ;)

So that's it, that's everything I was loving in February.  Please let me know of anything you've been loving recently or if you try anything I've suggested and I'll talk to you soon!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts